Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Post #1: 5 News Sources

 Instagram 

I have been a user of Instagram since the year 2012. This is the way I keep up with the celebrities I enjoy seeing and hearing about. I follow people who interest me and their posts keep me updated on the news I want to hear about. This includes TV shows having new seasons, brands coming out with new products, and even some juicy celebrity scandals. Just scrolling on my phone for 30 seconds, I can see so many updates on so many people which is very cool. It is an easy and quick way to find out the information you want to know about. I also follow accounts that will update me on important things going on in the world and in the United States, so I can keep up to date about important situations going on.


Youtube 


Youtube is a great source of entertainment as it is an amazing source to get the news you would like to hear about. I personally watch quite a few of the family vlogger channels including, the Labrant Fam and an older one called Bratayley. These channels have daily or weekly vlogs to update their subscribers on what is going on in their lives and show information like family pregnancies or the family buying a new house, etc. Learning about people's daily lives might sound ridiculous, but some things they do in their family life might become of interest to people and they might take upon the action or buy the product they see in one of the videos which to me seems beneficial. Many people also get sports information and regular news information from this website because they subscribe to their personal wants and likes. It is an easy way to keep people occupied while giving them the news that they want.


TikTok 


TikTok is the newest news and social media site as it has been only been around since 2018. It was formerly known as Musically, but the site got bought out, revamped, and blew up to be the amazing platform it is today. While many of the accounts only show careless dancing or singing videos, there are also many that post facts and news about what is going on in the world. I personally get a lot of video pop-ups on my for you page regarding Covid-19 facts, presidential information, and even sometimes weather. The app can also be very addicting due to one short video after another (similar to Vine), so people could end up watching videos for hours at a time. I personally am one of the users who is addicted to the app which some can argue to not be healthy. Although the app does give me very good information as to important topics being spoken about around the world.


Fox News 

My family and I tend to watch the Fox News channel in order to get the major important news we would like to hear about. We enjoy this channel because the anchors who speak at most times of the day, make hearing about the information more eventful and boring. I personally don't usually like watching the news due to it being very boring, but news anchors including Tucker Carlson make watching the news a little more entertaining. Watching this channel has helped me gain information on what is going on in the world that is important to hear about. I believe social media sites fo give good information, but news channels especially Fox gives all of the necessary and important information people need to hear about what is going on around them. Also, Fox News has a website that shows a lot of the stories and topics they cover which is helpful if people don't have the time to sit down and watch TV or a person like me in college who doesn't have cable set up.


Family and Friends


When I am away at HPU, I cannot really sit down and watch the news, so my family is really the ones to relay information to me either over the phone or by text. I believe it is important to stay up to date with what is going on and not be in the college trance. I personally ask my family members for updates they hear about and see, which will help me to get the information that I need. When it comes to my friends, I mostly get updates pertaining to the topic of campus life or something with celebrities. I believe this is important information as well because staying in the loop of life is better than being lost and not knowing what is going on. I always like to be on my feet knowing what to do and knowing the most information I can in order to stay on track and sometimes staying safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post

       The world today is very scary yet wonderful at the same time due to the advances in technology we get every day. Technology is evo...